NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
1. HOW TO ENTER: The Cool Mom / Clorox Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01am (Los Angeles Time) on October 4, 2011 and ends at 2:59pm (Los Angeles Time) on October 7, 2011 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Any person who goes to www.facebook.com/odetothecommode, “likes” the Ode to the Commode Facebook page and then posts a comment on the October 4, 2011 Cool Mom blog entry entitled Win a trip to “O you!” (sponsored) reflecting the actions taken, during the Sweepstakes Period, will automatically be entered into this Sweepstakes. Any person who, during the Sweepstakes Period, follows @OdetotheCommode on Twitter and tweets the message “Ditch the ick w/ #cloroxtoiletwand to #win a trip to #OYou2011 w/@coolmomdotcom & @odetothecommode” and then posts a comment reflecting the actions taken will receive a second entry into the Sweepstakes. In addition, any person who, during the Sweepstakes Period, logs onto http://svy.mk/entersweepstakes and follows the Sweepstakes entry directions, will be entered into the Sweepstakes. Incomplete entries, failure to follow the instructions, procedures and/or these Official Rules shall render the entry invalid.
There is a limit of two (2) total entries per person during the Sweepstakes Period, one via Facebook and one via Twitter, or two (2) via the free entry method described above. If multiple entries are received from any one person via either method, only the first of those entries will be considered and subsequent entries will be disqualified. All entries must be actually received by 2:59pm (EST) on October 7, 2011, regardless of the date or time entered.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Only legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older as of October 4, 2011 and are not residents of New York or Florida are eligible to enter the Sweepstakes and win a prize. Employees, officers, directors (and their immediate family members and members of their same households) and agents and representatives of the “Sponsor” named in Section 10 below or any of its parents, affiliates and subsidiary companies (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), and employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of Digital Entertainment Corporation of America (“Prize Supplier”) or any advertising or promotion agencies that do business with Sponsor, are not eligible to win.
3. PRIZE/ODDS OF WINNING: One (1) winner will be selected to receive coach class airfare for one (1) to Atlanta, Georgia on October 15, 2011, two (2) nights’ accommodation at the W Hotel, one (1) $500 American Express gift card to cover meals and ground transportation, and one (1) entry to “O You! The Oprah Magazine event” on October 15, 2011 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia, valued at two thousand and twenty-five dollars ($2,025.00), unless the winner does not meet the eligibility requirements or claim the prize by October 31, 2011. Winner will be responsible for all other travel expenses. The prize awarded is subject to the restrictions and limitations noted in these Official Rules, on the prize and/or included with the prize, and the winner must abide by all such limitations and restrictions, including expiration dates. No substitutions or cash equivalents of the prize (or portion thereof) are permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole discretion. The prize is nontransferable. There is no cash equivalent for the prize. The winner agrees to accept the prize “as is.” Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. If the winner is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
4. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules throughout the Sweepstakes Period. The random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, using randomization methods selected at its sole discretion on or about October 10, 2011. The winner will be notified by e-mail using the contact information given at the time of entry. If the winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. If there is still no confirmed winner of the prize in question after such attempts have been made, the prize may go unawarded.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The winner is solely responsible for all taxes as they relate to his or her prize including applicable sales and income taxes. The winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and (where legal) a Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”) and provide valid photo identification (i.e., driver’s license, passport) before receiving his/her prize.
Except where prohibited by law, by accepting his or her prize the winner grants Sponsor, Prize Suppliers and their respective partners, licensees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, related companies and successors, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, attorneys and agents (collectively, the “Sponsor Entities”) the universal and perpetual right and license to use, exploit, print, publish, reproduce, display, distribute and broadcast, and to grant others the right and license to use, exploit, print, publish, reproduce, display, distribute and broadcast the winner’s name, actual or simulated likeness, photograph, image, voice, portrait, picture, personal characteristics, biographical information and other personal identification in any and all languages, formats, and media now known and hereafter developed, in connection with the Website, the Sweepstakes and/or any Sweepstakes-related activity and any and all advertising, promotion, marketing, and/or publicity thereof, including all ancillary and subsidiary rights therein, without additional consideration.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or, as applicable, the operation of the Website or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. Such a person will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify any sweepstakes, game or drawing not capable of completion as planned, including because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical or other failures of any sort, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor.
7. DISCLAIMERS: Sponsor Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, incomplete, stolen, illegible, misdirected, deleted, destroyed or altered entries; or for any mail, computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, errors, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/Website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention or access to the Website, as applicable. Proof of entering information at the Website or of deposit into U.S. mail, as applicable, is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information.
By participating, entrants on behalf of themselves and their heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns hereby knowingly and voluntarily release, discharge, waive and relinquish, and agree that they will not assert or maintain against the Sponsor Entities, those involved in the development, production (including prize suppliers, contractors, service providers), implementation and distribution of this Sweepstakes, and their designated agents and any other person or entity associated with such entities and/or this Sweepstakes, and any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, attorneys, or agents (collectively, “Sponsor Related Entities”), any claim, action, suit or demand of any kind or nature whatsoever, whether known or unknown now or in the future, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize in any way (including any tax liabilities). Entrants hereby further agree that Sponsor Related Entities are not responsible or liable for, and that entrants will indemnify, defend, release, and hold Sponsor Related Entities harmless from and against, any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) of any nature whatsoever whether known or unknown now or in the future, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize in any way (including any tax liabilities). Entrants hereby acknowledge that they may hereafter discover facts different from or in addition to those which they now know or believe to be true and agree that this release will remain effective notwithstanding.
If by reason of any error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised prizes. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
8. WINNER LISTS/RULES: The name of the winner may be obtained after October 10, 2011 and before October 31, 2011 by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Cool Mom / Clorox Sweepstakes,” Winners List, Cool Mom, 1299 Ocean Avenue, Ste. 410, Santa Monica, California 90401.
A copy of the Official Rules may be obtained before October 31, 2011 by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Cool Mom / Clorox Sweepstakes”, Official Rules, Cool Mom, 1299 Ocean Avenue, Ste. 410, Santa Monica, California 90401.
9. GOVERNING LAW: Except to the extent pre-empted by federal or other applicable state law, this Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of California (without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof). By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between entrant and Sponsor, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the City of Los Angeles, California having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof.
10. SPONSOR: Cool Mom LLC, a California limited liability company, 1299 Ocean Avenue, Ste. 410, Santa Monica, California 90401.