I always feel like I need to be doing when my kids are in school. Advancing work stuff, or exercising. Writing.
Not today. I’m embracing my inner hausfrau. I’m working on cripsy kale. Some with red pepper spice for me, some without for me kids. While I watch the Season Finale of Dallas. I went through 45 minutes of self loathing while I formulated this plan. Then decided to go for it.
Here is what I have learned in the last 90 minutes.
1) who killed JR
2) TNT has really annoying repititve commericals when you watch their shows on their site.
3) pre cut kale doesn’t work well for kale chips because the stems are too pronounced. Better to buy whole, tear. Thus even though it’s a pain to dry greens, better not to get the pre washed type.
4) the salt ratio is best attained on kale when I mix the salt and kale and olive oil in a bowl as opposed to sprinkling on the pan
5) I have a little cougar crush on Josh Henderson
6) with Kale, more oil is helpful
Let’s be honest. In about 2 hours I pick up my kids, start on the homework, after school enrichment wheel. It’s okay to test a recipe and watch one of my favorite shows. Even if I have to write a blog to justify it.