Dudes, I am SICK. What started as an itchy throat as been growing all week. It’s gnarly. Got checked for strep, not it. Drag, means it’s a virus I have to suffer through. Went to an acupuncturist, helped the pain some. Still down. So as I lay here in my own sweat I wanted to share with you some of the things I’ve learned this week. Other than a scrunchy can stay in my hair for days on end. This is list is in no particular order, much like myself.
Not how I look AT ALL right now. Bad enough my dog sees me now, let’s limit the exposure
1) There is a Year of Barbara on the View.. almost up. Didn’t know. Never watch it anymore.
2) Drew Carey has NEVER been an acceptable choice for “The Price is Right”
3) Thank you Dallas on TNT. Watching almost the entire season, which just ended. Got me through the most painful night when I couldn’t even read Rex a bedtime story. He asked me, “Can I watch a cartoon with you?” My selfishness kicked in. No, Honey, because mommy is on the thin edge and I want to watch this telenovela like soap with hunky men and scores of inappropriate things that occupy my mind instead of thinking of how much pain I’m in. So, I learned a pain management trick and that Judith Light is still Brilliant!!
Hit the hyperlink to see why She’s the Boss
The show repeats all the time, check it out.
4) Donny Osmond looks great. If I was in Vegas I’d think of about seeing him and Marie. I bet that’s a good show.
5) Pastor Rick Warren and his wife are saying really cool stuff about mental illness. Destigmatizing it. I haven’t always agreed with Warren in the past, but think it’s brave that after their son’s suicide they are using their platform to push for this issue.
6) Tom and Lorenzo is one of my favorite websites. As you may remember I hosted a fashion show on TV Guide for many years and I know good red carpet catty talk when I see it. These guys are the TOPS! I almost always agree with them. Funny. Follow the link to see them rip on the Met Gala. Here is what they said about Elizabeth Olsen. So rich. Sorry cut her head.
“No. inappropriate. Go home and find a skirt that goes to the floor. Not to mention accessories that match. Your sisters didn’t talk to you all night, did they?“-Tom and Lorenzo.com
7) People aren’t dressing up as much as they use to at the Met Gala.
8) Mrs. Sterling is weird too. This Donald Sterling story is huge news her in LA. The guy has long run these really bad ads in the LA Times, and I use to think, ” Who is this Ryan O’Neal impersonator and his cheesy ads? All that money and he can’t hire a graphic designer to do his ads. Mrs. Sterling wants to keep ownership of the Clippers. She is alone.
9) I don’t get the eyebrow pierce. If it’s design trends they are after, why don’t people put reclaimed wood on their face?
10) I have to stop reading about the Cleveland kidnap survivors. The People Magazine arrived, I got back in bed.. but that poor lady Michelle Knight’s story was in. If you have been through what she went through and are still standing she can get whatever pierce or tattoo she wants.
11) Nigerian kidnapping. Ugh, sigh, of course #bringbackourgirls. It’s hideous. I hope America can get them now that they are allowed to help. Can’t Liam Neeson do something?
Oh, now it’s getting to dark reality. Wish there was more Dallas? I only have “The Good Wife” taped and I don’t want to watch about a shooting and they all speak so low.
Tell me what else I can “learn” about while lay here. What should I DVR or a good site to go to?