in case my posting remotely hasn’t worked here is a review of the high points of most vacations.
1) grinding anxiety before I leave. I am a careful packer, not as much as my mom who can pack in a wallet for week. But, I hate bringing to much and I usually end up wearing the same black skirt, black shirt, most of the trip. When in doubt, look like a mime. I also have to pack for everyone else. At the last minute Mark throws in enough tonnage to cause us to be charged for our bags. Grrrr. I pee 19 times before I get in the car.
2) LAX… either we got lucky and got in the quick line or not. I find departures not too terrible. But arrival back is brutal. My kingdom for an airport with centralized rent a car, a dedicated lane for cabs, a light rail that goes to the airport. Wait, that sounds like Europe.
3) Time to watch movies. If Rex will settle ( Please, oh please) I will finally get to watch non animated movies. I also have a People Magazine, and 2 books. Nothing to heavy. I can’t concentrate with 300 farting people around me.
4) We land. A mix of excitement, humidity and exhaustion. Then the adjustment to toilets looking differently. I’m noticing a pattern in my thought.
5) Lot’s of fun sightseeing and food. Lots of posting of pictures so everything knows how great life is.
6) Annoyance with everyone I’m with. It’s bound to happen. No posting of pictures. I don’t want people to know how shitty life is.
7) Time to go. My careful packing is down the tubes. Everything is rumpled and dirty, but I no longer care. Do I still have a hair brush?
I love travel.